Medical / Dental
The Healthcare field is one of the largest growing fields in the United States. Medical and dental equipment manufacturing grosses almost $15 billion annually. Combining API's high level of precision and quality with many years of expertise in running FDA approved and medical grade resins in our ISO 9001:2015 certified facility allow API to be a key supplier in the medical and dental industries.
Examples of parts: Medical/Dental Housings, testing components, sleep apnea products, dental scalers, medication administering devices, pump components, dental imaging equipment, camera lenses
API specializes in the custom design and manufacturing of security and anti-theft packaging. API was a pioneer in developing popular security packaging in the entertainment and pharmaceutical industries. Autronic Plastics designs reusable, theft-deterring containers such as CD, DVD, boxed set, and game cases, high retail value security packaging, and pharmaceutical packaging with RFID integration and ergonomic design for ease of use with child resistance still intact.
Examples of products: Ink jet cartridges, electronics, jewelry, CD & DVD retail and rental cases, video game hardware and software packaging, OTC pharmaceutical containers, high value product cases
Lighting & Life Safety
Delivering high transparency, high reflectivity, and high visibility parts for the past 20 years, Autronic Plastics has become an industry leader and an expert in manufacturing plastic components in the field of lighting and life safety products.
Examples of parts: Exit signs, emergency signs, traffic light lenses and controls, street lamp covers
Clear-Vu Lighting designs and manufactures best-in-class products for harsh environment temporary and permanent lighting applications.
Today's cars are built to last longer. Due to the challenges in today's economy, consumers are more likely to make repairs to their car. In response, car manufacturers are looking to make cars and parts more efficiently. High density and high performance thermoplastics are being used to replace metal because they are light-weight, can be produced quickly and consistently, and can be attained at a lower cost. API's expertise in using engineering grade resins and our ISO 9001:2015 rated facility make us a clear choice for many automotive part suppliers, both OEM and aftermarket solutions.
Examples of parts: connectors, bobbins, fuel pump components, pistons, sensors, cargo security, metal replacement applications, rubber replacement applications
Military / Defense / Aerospace
Autronic Plastics strives to be at the forefront of the industry in terms of material processing capability. API excels at working with difficult-to-process, engineering resins including PEEK, Ryton, Lexan, Valox, and Polyarylsulfone. These light-weight plastics are being used in military, defense, and aerospace applications due to their high performance and chemical resistant properties. Combining versatility with high precision and ISO 9001:2015 quality standards bring API to the top of the class with regard to plastic injection molders and make us the clear choice for engineering, metal replacement, or rubber replacement projects.
Examples of parts: bullet casings, cooling fixtures, adapters, bobbins, relays, helmet accessories, arc barriers, bullet testing equipment, flair components, FOD covers, industrial battery caps, metal replacement applications, rubber replacement applications
Autronic Plastics works with display manufacturers to improve point of purchase designs. API can help redesign plastic display components to incorporate additional features such as security packaging or modular and standardized parts to help reduce costs and improve efficiency.
Examples of products: fasteners, hooks, bezels, pegs, end-caps, cases, shopping cart signs
Consumer Products / Made in USA
With transportation and fuel costs near all time highs and overseas labor costs increasing, more and more companies are making a conscious effort to bring manufacturing back into the United States. Autronic Plastics, Inc. applauds the "Made in USA" initiative and in response, strives to be competitive with off-shore manufacturers. API helps to control transportation costs by housing all operations (design, engineering, tool building, manufacturing, quality control, shipping, etc.) in their Long Island, New York facility. This also helps reduce lead times and allows you to bring your product to market faster!
Whether you are an engineer designing a new plastic part, a sourcing agent looking to transfer an existing plastic injection tool or an entrepreneur with a great idea, you can be rest assured that your design will be handled safely and securely with our non-disclosure practices. Everyday products are designed and manufactured environmentally friendly with high precision and high quality.
Examples of parts: alternative energy and battery components, mouth guards, plastic pail handle grips, pump housings, electronic components, ear plugs, kitchen/bath supplies, protective gear, fasteners, flooring components, water meter parts, construction components
I have a part no one else can do
- API partners with multiple resin suppliers to determine the best suitable material for customer needs
- Rigorous R&D and testing completed on materials to improve plastic processing and quality and reduce cost of manufacturing
- API's full service mold shop reduces supply chain lead times and improves speed to market
- On-site mold designers and engineers with 250 combined years of experience in plastic injection molding allow us to resolve issues and present solutions quickly
- Key Industries:
- Security, Lighting, Military, Medical/Dental, Life Safety, Aerospace, Healthcare, Automotive, Displays, and more
- Additional Capabilities:
- Plastic Mold Making, Engineering, Contract Manufacturing, Automated and Manual Assembly, Cellular Manufacturing, Rapid Prototyping, R&D, Joining, Decorating, Packaging, and Bonding
I have an idea
API makes and tests prototypes to ensure product design will meet every standard imaginable.
- Full spectrum plastic product design and engineering from ideation to completed assembly
- Designers and engineers work with customers to create 2-D prints and 3-D models if needed
- 75+ client patent in the U.S. and International Markets
- Rapid prototyping with in-house FDM Machine (Fused Deposition Modeling) allow our customers to have a physical plastic part to evaluate prior to mold construction
- API's prototype evaluation for functional and performance analysis as well as manufacturability ensures your product is designed "Right the First Time"
I have a Design
API Designers and Engineers can work with customers to create or improve 2-D prints and 3-D models.
- Plastic prototypes are created with in-house FDM Machine (Fused Deposition Modeling) to reduce overall development timeline and helps to bring your product to market quicker
- Customized rigorous prototype validation and testing helps to ensure functionality, manufacturability and cost efficiency of your plastic injection molded part
- Right the First Time Design – No Over-Design or Under-Design – helps to bring your product to market quickly and efficiently while avoiding costly aftermarket solutions
I have a part I want to replicate
API is experienced in molding all thermoplastics, specializing in engineering, high performance, and glass reinforced resins.
- Optimization and redesign services for existing parts to resolve design or manufacturing problems and to help reduce overall cost
- High quality and precision applications
- Everyday plastic products designed environmentally friendly
- Metal Replacement for reduced weight, vibration and noise dampening, and low corrosion
- Rubber replacement for cut & abrasion resistance and cost reduction
- Nano-composites for unique, "un-plastic" type performance
- PPAP and aftermarket replacement for improved performance and lower cost
I Need help with my existing part
The API engineers and designers have over 250 years of combined experience and strive to exceed our customer's expectations. Our engineers become a valuable extension of your product development team.
- Modifications / repairs made to plastic injection molds in our on-site tool room
- Aftermarket solutions for existing products
- Everyday plastic products designed environmentally friendly
- Partnership with multiple resin suppliers for expertise in resin selection and processing
- Mold-flow analysis to ensure highest level of quality and best overall cost